If one of the 'verses from Force of Habit were expanded, the most fascinating and unique choice would be:
But the one I would actually read, if I read SGA fic, would be:
*What Rodrigo calls her is not actually her name. You have to speak Nahuatl to get the joke, though.
3. Questions from coffeesuperhero!
01. If you could wave a magical linguistic wand and revive only one dead language, what would it be and why?
The obvious answer would be either classic Maya or Linear B or something, but that would totally take all of the fun out of decipherment.
But actually, I'd take any of the dialects lost during Katrina, because their loss is really sad and recent and could have been mitigated.
02. What are your general thoughts on hats?
People aren't wearing enough of them.
Ahem. I love hats! Can't get enough of them, actually. I feel I look truly bitchin' in many hats, from my summer triby to my winter fedora (which is an officially licensed Indiana Jones product) to my military cap to my BoSox toboggan that makes my head look vaguely like a squid's.
Not sunhats, though. Nobody looks bitchin' in a sunhat.
03. Astronomers have just discovered a new planet, and you get to name it. What's it called?
Damn! If I'd have picked classic Maya for the first question, I could have said the Maya moon goddess, but her name's never been deciphered.
It kind of depends on the day, and how silly of a mood I was in. Cause I think it would be HILARIOUS to name it Buttsex. Think of the news reports! The outrage! The jokes!
But probably I would go with Citlalin, which means star in Nahuatl, because it's just so pretty.
04. Would you rather climb to the top of Mount Everest or take a sub down to the depths of the Marianas Trench? [This question presumes that the universe is in a great mood and neither death nor serious injury will result from either activity.]
I find both of those options absolutely terrifying. I think I'd have to go with Everest, though, because my fear of enclosed spaces, particularly when combined with so much water, outstrips my hatred of snow, cold, and heights.
05. What is your favorite form of precipitation?
Rain, by a long shot. A nice little sprinkling when I'm walking to work, a big thunderstorm when I'm lying in bed, that just-washed feeling that everything has afterwards- mmm.
If you'd like some questions of your very own, please to comment!
4. Whether you know it or not, you need this. (Audio NSFW or kids)
4b. Anyone who can make me a good looking icon wins a prize.